| ||VIP Patrol Members perform routine police functions allowing officers to concentrate on those duties that only sworn personnel can perform. |
|VIP Patrol Volunteers functions include: |
VIP Patrol Member Requirements:
- Report Writing
- Home Security Surveys
- Vacation House Checks
- Parking Enforcement
- Traffic Control
- Community Policing
- Vehicle Abatements
Interview and selection process is the first step....
- Volunteer in Policing Application - Download Application
- Complete and pass the VCSD background check.
- Be in good general health. Medical clearance signed by your personal physician.
- Provide proof of medical insurance.
- Have a valid California Driver's License. As part of the VIP academy training, you will be given police driving instruction and will be required to pass the driving test given at the academy.
- Complete Citizen's Academy - Download Application
- Complete and pass the VIP patrol training academy.
This program uses a comprehensive training strategy to ensure that all volunteers are equipped to perform their responsibilities in a confident and safe manner.
- 10 Session VIP Academy
- Patrol Procedures and Report Writing
- On the job training with an assigned mentor overseeing development of each new VIP trainee Monthly 3-hour training meetingsPeriodic special subject training sessions
- CPR and First Aid
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team of volunteers, please contact: