Support Service Volunteers
| || |
|VIP Members perform routine police office functions at four locations. |
Oaks Police Resource Center
The Oaks Shopping Center, Next to Macy's (Woman's)
222 West Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks Police Resource Center
City of Thousand Oaks Civic Center, 3rd Level
2100 East Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks
Newbury Park Resource Center
Lobby of Newbury Park Library
2331 Borchard Road, Newbury Park
Thousand Oaks Police Station
Ventura County Sheriff's Department
2101 East Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks
VIP Administrative Volunteers functions include:
- Provide the public with helpful information at the Resource Center sites.
- Pamphlet distribution
- Vacation House Check application
- Security Home Survey application
- Fingerprinting Service
- General office functions including answering telephones, copying documents, data entry, computer related assignments.
Administrative Volunteer Requirements:
Interview and selection process is the first step. . . .
- Volunteer in Policing Application - Download Application
- Complete and pass the VCSD background check.
- Be in good general health. Medical clearance signed by your personal physician.
- Provide proof of medical insurance.
- Complete Citizen's Academy - Download Application
- VIP orientation and training
- On the job training with staff and volunteers assisting development of each new VIP
- CPR and First Aid
- Bi-monthly Training Meetings
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team of volunteers, please contact: